Paleo-Friendly Hazelnut Macaroons
200g Dates, pits removed and chopped
50g chopped nuts of your choice (we use hazelnuts)
30g unsweetened shredded coconut
30g unsweetened coconut flakes
40g cacao nibs
10g espresso extract/instant espresso
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 355°F.
2. Using the paddle attachment, beat egg, espresso and vanilla in a mixer until creamy and slightly pale.
3. Add dates and mix until the dates begin to break down into the mixture.
4. Slowly add chopped nuts and coconut flakes until incorporated.
5. Add shredded coconut and cacao nibs and mix until just incorporated.
6. Chill dough for 10 to 15 minutes
7. Form dough into balls, about two tablespoons in size, and place on parchment-lined baking sheets.
8. Bake 20 minutes until nut brown.
9. Cool on trays placed on wire racks.